Wednesday, June 10, 2009

My current equipment.

So I figured I'd post what equipment I am currently using. If you are here for the photos, then you can skip this post and wait for the next batch of shiny photos.

For my camera, I use the Canon EOS Digital Rebel ETi. I've had it for a little over a year now. It is certainly a usable camera, but I am feeling the itch to upgrade it in the near future.

As for lenses, I've been collecting quite a few since I started shooting last year. The pride of my collection, and my most recent purchase is my Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM. This lens is incredible. Tack sharp, and the colors are fantastic. My other lenses are the Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/3.5-5.6 kit lens, the Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6 IS, the Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro, and the Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II. The kit lens treated me well for wide shots for a while, but I have all but outgrown it now. The 100mm and 50mm prime lenses are great. The 50mm can be picked up for around $100, so if you are shooting with canon cameras and you don't have one, do yourself a favor and pick one up. Finally, the 55-250mm is a decent telephoto lens for me, but I hope to upgrade to L series glass in that range in the future.

For other gear and equipment, I just made the jump into the world of pocket wizards and off camera flash. Right now, I only have one flash, the Canon Speedlite 430EX II, and a pair of Pocket Wizard FlexTT5's to trigger it off camera. I plan to get a few more flashes, a light stand or two, and some other random lighting gear. There is a chance that I'm obsessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment